Direct Sales Associate
Gateway Fiber has an immediate opening for an hourly direct sales associate that will hit the streets in our serving areas selling 100% fiber optic internet. He/she will acquire new internet subscribers by conducting door-to-door canvas, appointment or referral solicitation in assigned territories. This role is ideal for recent grads, students going to school during the day, and people looking for flexibility.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hit the streets of our neighborhoods selling the best internet product around. You’ll be talking to people, listening to their needs and delivering a superior product compared to their current internet service provider.
- Represent the Gateway Fiber brand and our company in the best light possible.
- Map your routes leveraging a canvassing app that maximizes door-to-door routes and high take rate opportunities.
- Consult with prospective customers about their needs, present fiber-based broadband solutions, and emphasize product value/benefits such as GIG speeds, symmetrical speeds, reliability and whole home Wi-Fi solutions.
- Update and maintain canvassing database and opportunity funnel on a daily basis, assuring that data is accurate and orders are fulfilled.
- Establish a cadence of reporting and measurement that informs future prospecting approach.
- Leverage data-driven analytics to track KPIs and generate insights.
- Provide our marketing team with competitive insights based on what you’re learning in the field.
- Coordinate Gateway Fiber hosted marketing and sales events to educate customers and grow our market share.
- Achieve monthly sales objectives and bonuses for meeting set goals.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Comfortable meeting and talking with new people, making them feel comfortable while you’re standing on their doorstep.
- A great attitude, even in uncertain weather conditions and other external factors.
- Experience in canvassing platforms a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, empathy towards customer needs.
- Self-starter that can work autonomously in the field.
- Proven ability to understand customer needs in order to shape product positioning and value proposition.
- Professional appearance and friendly demeanor.
- 1+ years of previous sales or customer service experience
- Previous experience in telecommunications or home security sales a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly wage + commission
- Locally owned, friendly, innovative company with high growth projections
- Free Gateway Fiber service in our serviceable area
- Company paid logo attire to wear on the job
- Flexible schedule
- Make a difference in the communities we serve
About Gateway Fiber
At Gateway Fiber, we believe connected communities are stronger communities. To help build them, we offer a faster, more reliable internet experience designed to support economic development and bridge the digital divide.
Gateway Fiber is a locally owned and operated internet service provider based in St. Louis. Our 100% fiber optic network is designed to meet or exceed the capabilities of some of the biggest players in the business. We are experiencing rapid growth across our markets including Winfield, Troy, Hawk Point, and Old Monroe, Moscow Mills, Warrenton, and Wright City, MO.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.