Fiber Optic Installation Technician
The Fiber Optic Installation Technician is responsible for the inspection, connection, and final deployment of our fiber optic network in order to deliver our award-winning services to our customers.
This position is tasked with bringing the Gateway Fiber network to neighborhoods anxiously awaiting rescue from their current internet providers. Expect to work in a fun, fast-paced environment where your attention to detail and focus on quality results help achieve our primary mission of successful growth.
Responsibilities and duties include terminating fiber optic cables, augmenting existing network installations, installing fiber optic connections to homes, business and enterprise buildings, network documentation, audit/inspection of newly completed network construction, repair of damaged infrastructure, and deployment of additional network cabinet/node sites.
- Provides Excellent Customer Service
- Arrives on time for scheduled appointments
- Perform fiber installation, construction, maintenance, and repair works.
- Ensures all equipment or services are installed and active, cables are routed in a clean manner and the customer’s services are working properly when they leave.
- Avoids suspending a work order until all troubleshooting and repair options have been exhausted
- Follow company dress code and represent the company professionally at all times.
- Participates actively in the on-call rotation as requested.
- Notifies dispatch and management about issues preventing work from being completed and follows through to assist with the completion of necessary repairs.
- Keeps their place of work clean from clutter and well maintained, as well as cleaning, organizing, and washing their assigned vehicle.
- Knowledge of 802.11 Wireless Networking installation & troubleshooting is preferred
- Basic TCP/IP configuration & troubleshooting knowledge is preferred
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passion for accuracy.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone.
- Must update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Valid Class E Driver’s License required.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to clearly see color and shading in plans and materials.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
- Must be able to stand and walk up to eight hours per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
- Must be able to ride in a vehicle up to four hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of job-site in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Must have vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.