Market Development Manager
Expected Outcomes and Requirements:
The St. Charles Market Manager will lead the company’s growth efforts in its largest and recently announced expansion market of St. Charles. This leader is expected to contribute in the following significant ways:
- Serve as gatekeeper for the development and execution of Gateway’s market growth strategy in St. Charles, a 100,000+ unit market encompassing 12 cities.
- Identify key leverage points in market to drive sales by developing extremely deep, granular local knowledge.
- Develop and execute on market roadmap, ensuring that company’s resources are aligned to execute plan on-time.
- Develop strong relationships with local municipalities, including representing Gateway at key meetings and events (e.g., zoning and planning, chambers of commerce).
- Identify and prospect key MDUs, HOAs and builders for greenfield development opportunities.
- Perform market due diligence and pre-selling/ marketing to inform new market selection, presenting findings to company’s strategic growth committee.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales team to build lead funnel for future development areas.
- Learn all aspects of the business from market selection to customer installation and ongoing support.
- Key KPIs: St. Charles sales, order, and pre-order volumes; Net Promoter Score
The successful candidate will bring the following to the table:
- Trustworthy colleague who will represent Gateway’s values in our communities.
- Strategically minded, entrepreneurial individual.
- Curiosity to learn and understand all aspects of the business.
- Ability to lead through influence to get support and resources to be successful.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills to articulate Gateway’s vision and value proposition.
- Initiative and willingness to roll up sleeves in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, or General Management is preferred.
Gateway Fiber is seeking an outstanding individual to fill the role of Market Manager (St. Charles County). Gateway is a rapidly growing—private equity backed—residential fiber broadband internet provider. As data requirements for residences and businesses continue to expand, Gateway is creating a leading, national fiber-to-the home platform to serve this critical unmet need in our communities. Gateway provides a faster, more reliable internet that is paired with a simple pricing model and exceptional customer service. With the support of its financial sponsor, Crosstimbers Capital Group, the company is initially investing more than $150 million to build a future proof network in Greater St. Louis and is actively developing plans to expand nationally.
Gateway’s Beliefs About People:
Gateway believes that people want to know they are cared for both professionally and personally at work. We need a clear vision for where the company is going and how we can contribute to it. At Gateway, we lookout for each other and actively find ways to help one another. We all have a role in defining the path forward towards the company’s vision. We strive for a transparent environment where information is readily shared and our teams feel safe to share feedback, even if it might seem unpopular. Someone in the right role with the tools to succeed can operate autonomously to meet their objectives. Gateway’s beliefs about people shape the company and the way we do business.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.