Supply Chain Manager
Expected Outcomes and Requirements:
With Gateway’s rapid growth comes aggressive plans for the construction of Gateway’s network and 10x customer growth over the next 12 months. Gateway is hiring its first Supply Chain Manager to lead and build this critical function that is foundational to the company achieving its short-term and long-term plans. This leader is expected to contribute in the following significant ways:
- Manage a materials budget of more than $20 million.
- Manage a safe, organized, and clean warehouse that has zero workplace injuries.
- Mitigate supply risk to maintain zero material stock-outs that could disrupt construction
schedules or customer installs.
- Measure supplier performance and partner with suppliers on improvements.
- Implement an inventory tracking process and system to sustain 99% inventory accuracy.
- Develop a robust material planning and forecasting process which incorporates input from the sales, operations, and finance teams.
- Identifies at least 3% material cost savings per year.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Natural initiator to take ownership of the supply chain function, to ask for help, and to
- Strong process orientation to develop processes from scratch.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – identify the problem, structure and
execute the analysis, and drive to the ‘so-what’.
- Negotiation skills with knowledge of key commercial terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Previous supply chain, operations, and/or finance experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree.
Gateway Fiber is seeking an outstanding individual to fill the role of Supply Chain Manager. Gateway is a rapidly growing—private equity backed—residential fiber broadband internet provider. As data requirements for residences and businesses continue to expand, Gateway is creating a leading, national fiber-to-the home platform to serve this critical unmet need in our communities. Gateway provides a faster, more reliable internet that is paired with a simple pricing model and exceptional customer service. With the support of its financial sponsor, Crosstimbers Capital Group, the company is initially investing more than $150 million to build a future proof network in Greater St. Louis and is actively developing plans to expand nationally.
Gateway’s Beliefs About People:
Gateway believes that people want to know they are cared for both professionally and personally at work. We need a clear vision for where the company is going and how we can contribute to it. At Gateway, we lookout for each other and actively find ways to help one another. We all have a role in defining the path forward towards the company’s vision. We strive for a transparent environment where information is readily shared and our teams feel safe to share feedback, even if it might seem unpopular. Someone in the right role with the tools to succeed can operate autonomously to meet their objectives. Gateway’s beliefs about people shape the company and the way we do business.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.